Frequently Asked Questions
The Accelerate Indiana Internship Program
is a competitive program in which 20 start-up businesses and organizations each semester (fall, spring, and summer) will be awarded PAID interns, of no cost to employers.
Paid interns? Who pays for the interns? The Lilly Endowment, Inc. is providing financial support up to 20 students per academic term (fall, spring, and summer) to intern for start-up businesses and organizations. Interns will work 15-20 hours per week for $11/hr.
What qualifies as a start-up? Businesses and organizations in existence 5 or less years
Why target start-ups?
· We recognize the growing number of start-ups in Indiana and the exciting potential for college level job creation.
· According to a federal job report from The White House, companies less than five years old created 44 million jobs over the last three decades and accounted for all net new jobs created in the U.S. over that period.
· In the state of Indiana, 219 new companies opened or expanded their operations in 2011, a 20 percent increase over the former 2010 record.
Did you know? Interns can ...
· Increase productivity
· Bring fresh, innovative perspectives to your organization
· Increase diversity within your organization
· Reduce recruiting costs
· Begin training for potential full-time employment
· Market your company